Monday, November 1, 2010

adventures in consumption: boots

On Saturday I took a Step in my Life and bought some new boots. My other black boots started to fall apart last year (though I kept on wearing them, and just avoided puddles or particularly sandy places) and now my green tennis shoes are headed in the same direction (though I continue to wear those too, and am determined to do so until the soles wear through or detach from the rest of them). In general I was in dire need of some really good walking shoes, so I found the Doc Marten's store in Paris and went to find some boots.


Actually, I went about a week ago, but they were out of my size so I had to come back later.

They are extremely comfortable, even though they rubbed holes in the backs of my feet the first time I wore them because they were laced funny and I wasn't wearing proper socks. Whenever I wear them I look at my reflection in shop windows - which I tend to do anyway - because I wonder if they make my feet look disproportionately large. But it seems fine to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment