Thursday, November 4, 2010

creation by elimination


Austin Kleon is a person who writes poems out of newspapers and makes me miss my high school creative writing class. We actually might have done this once. But things like this, or the magazine collage poems we did whenever we had spare time, were some of my favorite things I did in that class. I guess maybe it's easier to write when you can pretend it's not you doing it and you're really just finding it already there?


Either way, I think I should try doing some of these with those free newspapers floating around the metro. There's also a tumblr for submitting your own poems and a book which I kind of want to buy for myself and about half of the people I know. But it would be weird to get everybody the same thing for Christmas, probably.

Related, and found through the above: A Humument, which I also want, and which is also on the internest for you to look at.

1 comment:

  1. THE INTERNEST

    MADE OF WOVEN TUBES

    LINED WITH DOWN AND INFORMATION

    IT IS SO FLUFFY AND WARM

    ReplyDelete