Tuesday, November 2, 2010

the hypothetical party

Someday I'm going to have a party and the theme will be "Mount Olympus." It will be similar to a toga party, in that there will be togas, but it will also be held on the roof of the tallest available building, where we will look down over the edges and talk about the people we see walking around down there.

Everything will be served out of large ceramic pots (which I suspect I will have to make for the occasion, and will probably then send home with the guests because one can only use so many giant ceramic pots), and we will sit on sheepskins and tapestries, and some people, I'm not sure who, will be playing instruments and singing some epic tales. Also, I will be disappointed if at least one person doesn't grow a really serious beard for the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment